Monday, October 8, 2012

FINALLY! Momentum Returns!

Well, several things have given me renewed hope. I mean, face it, when nothing seems to be happening for months at a time, it is discouraging. On and off I've felt disheartened, but have also had periods of hope and excitement.

I've known for a while that I need to put up a web page about our plans and some information about our house as well. And finally, today I put everything else aside and did it!

What do I plan to do with the page (such as it is - nothing fancy, just information and a couple of links, including links to photos, for the moment) now? Well, I guess once it's completely done I will post it here, and to other places I post online - RV-related forums, for example. I can print up some cards with the URL to hand out or even mail, and can include the URL when replying to ads. I WILL fancy it up a bit, add a background, fonts, some design elements...now that the information is up there the rest will be more fun!

If you want to see what I've got so far, the URL is http://vitainvia.owly.net/.

Something else that has me excited is that someone wrote to me about posting on a barter site. I didn't even realize that there were barter sites out there! So now that I have a place for people to get information, I will start doing that. And also RV classified ad sites, and places like Oodle - not sure I want to do Craigslist, I've not had good experiences with posting there, the jerks seem to come out of the woodwork.

I've spoken with a realtor and also a title company, and it shouldn't be a very difficult thing to sign this house over to another owner...and of course transferring the title on an RV isn't difficult or expensive either. I'm sure things will come up that we'll have to deal with along the way - but at least I feel like we're moving forward toward our goal again, and the discouragement has once again ebbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment